First post

Hmm. Well, I’ve just got back from the ALT-C Conference in Nottingham and was inspired by a brilliant presentation from two members of staff at the Open University to start my own research blog. I’m about to embark on a piece of research into the role of the Educational Development Unit in higher education, although I’ve already done quite a lot of the preliminary reading.  The challenge is to focus it all into questions that are both researchable and worthwhile. I’ll come back to this later, but as this is the first post, and I’m still experimenting with blogging, I thought it would be useful to blog a brief account of the conference. The first entry in my blogroll though is going to be the one that started me off. It’s called Research Essentials and contains a different perspective (from a much more experienced blogger) about the conference.  I should also say that I was quite fascinated by the idea of Geocaching. I’d never heard of it before, and it sounds quite fun. How anyone has the time though, I can’t imagine!

2 thoughts on “First post

1. It’s high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online.
    See http://www.geocaching.com for more info